Do you need help with a life insurance claim?
Life insurance claim experts at the Center for Life Insurance Disputes are available to answer your questions, file claims and appeal claim denials for beneficiaries. If you file your claim without an expert to help you, it will be you against the insurer and all of their resources. Call us now for a free consultation about your life insurance claim and be prepared for anything that could cause your claim to be denied.
Here are some tips and important things to know about filing a life insurance claim.
Things to do when filing a life insurance claim.
When you file a life insurance claim here are some tips which can get the claim processed and paid fast.
- Call the insurer and inform them of the death as soon as possible. This will create a record and inform the insurer that premiums will no longer be paid.
- Request all claim forms and medical release forms from the insurer when you inform them of the death.
- Review the Death Certificate to make sure all information is accurate.
- Only submit a Final death certificate. Don’t submit a death certificate that is Preliminary.
- Don’t submit a photocopy of a death certificate. Only submit an original death certificate.
- Don’t give the policy to anyone. Keep it.
- Make sure the payment instructions for the claim check are clear.
- If required to have a face-to-face interview with a claims representative, have an advisor, family member or friend with you (we’re available to attend this meeting with beneficiaries).
- If the claim is contestable be sure to have the names and contact information of all medical providers the insured visited within 5 years prior to the application date.
Tracking the status of your life insurance claim.
- Some life insurers use a webpage for claim updates. If possible, establish your user name and password so you can log into your claim page for status updates.
- Call the claims department regularly. If it appears that no progress is being made with the claim contact an expert.
- Verify that anything you mail to the insurer has been received. Us USPS Priority mail.
If the insurer is not responsive to your requests for updates or if you’re getting conflicting responses, think twice about making threats or writing complaints to the insurer. Such actions will often add further delays to a claim.
Planning ahead in case you have problems with your claim.
Here are some recommendations that will help you if you have problems getting the insurer to pay your life insurance claim in a reasonable amount of time.
- Keep the policy.
- Make copies of all correspondence you send or receive regarding the claim.
- Log the time and date of all telephone calls with the claims department.
- Use USPS Priority mail for everything you send the claims department so you can track its delivery.
If another person tries to collect your claim.
A competing claim can come from anyone who tries to collect your share of the life insurance claim. If your claim is being challenged by another claimant you should contact a professional immediately. Such situations, even when the competing claim is false, are usually turned over to a Court. This is called an interpleader. An interpleader means that the insurer couldn’t decide who they should pay the claim money to so they give the money to a Court to decide. To a legitimate beneficiary this means you’ll be forced to hire an attorney to go to court with you in order to get your money. This can be very expensive. If your claim is being challenged by another beneficiary, please contact us now for help.
Get your claim questions answered.
We have submitted hundreds of life insurance claims for our clients. We can help you with any life insurance claim question regarding any life insurance company. Whether it’s a question about how to file a claim, what forms and documents you need, what happens with medical records, how long it takes a claim to pay or any other question about a life insurance claim, we offer free advice.
Call us at (888) 428-4868. Or Email us —-> here.
Help with claims from companies including:
Allianz Life Insurance
American General Life Insurance
American National Life
Ameritas Life Insurance
Assurity Life Insurance
Atlantic Southern Life
Aviva Life Insurance
AXA Life Insurance
Bankers Life Insurance
Banner Life Insurance
Boston Mutual Life Insurance
Farmers Life Insurance
Fidelity Life Insurance
Garden State Life Insurance
Genworth Life Insurance
Globe Life & Accident
Guardian Life Insurance
Hartford Life Insurance
ING Life Insurance
IOF Foresters Life Insurance
Jackson National Life Insurance
John Hancock Life Insurance
Kansas City Life Insurance
Lafayette Life Insurance
Liberty Life Insurance
Life Insurance of the Southwest
Lincoln Heritage Life
Lincoln Life Insurance
Mass Mutual Life Insurance
MET Life Insurance
Midland National Life
Minnesota Life Insurance
Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance
National Life Insurance
Nationwide Life Insurance
New York Life Insurance
Northwestern Mutual Life
Penn Mutual Life Insurance
Phoenix Life Insurance
Protective Life Insurance
Physicians Mutual Life Insurance
Principal Life Insurance
Prudential Life Insurance
SBLI Life Insurance
Security Life of Denver
Standard Life Insurance
State Farm Life Insurance
Symetra Life Insurance
Thrivent Life Insurance
TIAA-CREF Life Insurance
Transamerica Life Insurance
Travelers Life Insurance
Voya Life Insurance
West Coast Life Insurance
Western Southern Life Insurance
Zurich Life Insurance