Common Life Insurance Disputes
Below are some of the many life insurance disputes we have successfully settled for our clients. We will represent you in any of these matters to recover your premiums or get death claims paid. We offer free telephone consultations to tell you what your best chances are for a settlement. Call us today.
Accidental Death Claims:
- Alcohol-related death
- Claim denied
- Definition of “accident” challenged
- Exclusions challenged
Denied Death Claims:
- No named beneficiary
- Health history not disclosed in application
- Contestability period in effect
- Financial history in question
- Insurer not responding to claim
- Cause of death not covered
- Policy sold as “paid-up” but premiums still due
Other Types of Life Insurance Disputes We Handle:
- Your life insurance premiums increased after you were told they were fixed.
- You were sold multiple policies when separate coverages could have been incorporated into one policy, saving you money on premiums.
- You were sold life insurance as an investment when no insurance was needed.
- You were told that your life insurance premium payments were tax-deductible, but this was not the case. Instead, you were forced to pay taxes on the premiums.
- You were promised benefits from your life insurance policy that never happened or weren’t true. These benefits might have involved guaranteed cash values, no increase in premium costs, future accumulation value, no loss of principal, or a denial of death benefit.
- Your agent forged signatures on your life insurance application(s) without your knowledge or consent.
- You were sold life insurance on the basis that your money would be “hidden” from Medicare, which would allow you to qualify for Medicare benefits. This was not true. Instead, you unknowingly provided false information to Medicare which carries a significant penalty.
- Your life insurance policy lapsed, but you were never informed that premiums were due.
- You purchased a policy through a welfare benefit trust and cannot get your money out.
- You were sold a “springing cash value” policy in a 412i plan with the promise of tax benefits, and now you cannot access your money.
- You were told that your variable life insurance death benefits and cash values were guaranteed. But instead, you were faced with a premium that was several times higher than what you were told in the beginning.
Call (888) 428-4868 Today for a Free Evaluation of Your Life Insurance Complaint